Monday 16 July 2012




I recently I discovered for myself a night flash photography and decided to brush my skills up a bit. I remembered about my friend's place that has an access to the roof top. Not many buildings normally have it. Usually there are private patios that belong to penthouses and only few people can enjoy them. So, I was lucky to get to one roof in Yaletown, the trendy and upscale urban neighbourhood of downtown Vancouver. I made couple of shoots there and some time later my other friend took me to the roof of Woodward's Building ("W" for short) that is in Gastown, a national historic site of the city. I was taking photos before, during and after the sunset. There are now words to describe the beauty of the night city with all its colours, fresh ocean breeze, yummy smells from top notch restaurants and pubs. Very magical and special is the feeling you get being on the level of 44th floor. While getting upstairs of those buildings I could not pass without noticing the staircases, textured walls, social rooms and other amenities of both architectural pieces and took several photos inside as well. Big "thank you" to the models I worked with and other people who came to help and support. After that I decided to make my own collection of Vancouver night views and take night flash portraits of people from different roofs, balconies and patios. So, if you know one spot- give me a shout. 

With all my love,

Katya





















No comments:

Post a Comment